Re: bug with nvda selection

Gene

You don't need science to determine such questions.  its just simple consistency.  If selection is done differently everywhere else, the character you are on is the last character selected, it is bad design to have, in this one instance, the character to the right of your position selected.

Gene

From: Felix G.
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2019 2:04 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] bug with nvda selection

Hi!
The problem with the argument from good design is that there exists no
public definition of what would constitute good design where a screen
reader is concerned. Until we have some science, in terms of studies,
to back up what good screen reader user experience actually means,
it's all a matter of preference. The recent survey may provide some
valid data points but by its nature it primarily selects
English-speaking members of a certain small set of email lists. I
still think the survey was a good idea. I'm merely objectively
pointing out its restrictions.
Also, I don't think that not giving enough credit to blind people is a
relevant factor. Such appeals to guilt only cloud the view and make
people feel bad.
My two cents,
Felix