rescue disc for the blind?

A friend has an old DELL XP that, as he puts it, finally crashed. When I pressed for more detail, all he could tell me was that windows wasn't loading and JAWS wasn't coming on. After 20 minutes trying, and failing, to extract some more useful information, I finally resolved to trying to locate a recovery disc image, an image that had a lot of tools to possibly repair the system or transfer files from the hard drive to an external place. I could not find any for the blind. Could someone direct me to similar recovery disc images that have speech output or similar? Thanks in advance. He does not have his initial XP recovery disc.