Re: Addon updater

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Maybe as I just said, put up an old nvda fixed that is incapable of updating itself until it sees a newer version of nvda, as I tried to suggest before. Version18.xxa or some.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2019 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Addon updater

Hi,

No because 19.02.2 restores Python 3 compatibility, and current version isn’t python 3 compatible (at least one particular area of code; previously it was Python 3 compatible but in an attempt to fix compatibility with older NVDA releases, a method that was optimized for Python 2 was selected on a temporary basis).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2019 12:30 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi,
I'm on the Alpha channel.
So let's say, if I still choose to wait beyond the 2019.0.2.2, from this point I'll be able to update it automatically?

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>

Em 01/02/2019 18:29, Joseph Lee escreveu:

Hi,

Depends on which NVDA version you’ve got:

* 2018.4.1: manual update is mandatory.
* Alpha/beta: automatic update will work.

However, for this one and upcoming 19.02.2, you SHOULD update manually.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2019 12:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Hi Joseph,
If I choose to wait for the next version of add-on updater, will I still need to update it manually or can I simply update from the version I have right now to the newer one?

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>

Em 01/02/2019 14:41, Joseph Lee escreveu:

Hi,
This is the reason why I told everyone yesterday that users should install Add-on Updater 19.02.1A manually.
Speaking of Add-on Updater: it looks like I need to push another mandatory update to this add-on next week. The current solution I wrote as part of 19.02.1A is a temporary one that isn't compatible with Python 3 version of NVDA. The upcoming 19.02.2 will make sure Add-on Updater is both backward and forward compatible.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2019 8:36 AM

It tells me that Addon updater version is not compatible with my version of NVDA. Says I need NVDA 2.0.
I am running NVDA 2018.4.1.

On 2/1/2019 9:09 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,
Fixed in Add-on Updater 19.02.1A.
Cheers,
Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jonathan
Milam
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2019 7:00 AM

Same here.

Jonathan

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2019 9:15 AM
Subject: [nvda] Addon updater

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha. Get a update notice to update the addon update addon. If I say ok to update I get a message that the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA. Get this addon update notice every time I start NVDA.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.