Re: Meandering NVDA Miscellany (including that it's alive and well)

Sharni-Lee Ward

The people saying this were saying if it was going to keep up, you'd
need a professional programmer who would need to be paid...

On 3/02/2019 12:52 pm, Sky Mundell wrote:
I don't want it to die, and I don't think it will die because if it does the community can pick up where they left off, and that is the beauty of an open source product.
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sharni-Lee Ward
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2019 5:41 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Is NVDA really dying? Can I do anything to help?

Hi,

I haven't updated NVDA since 2018.1 due to issues that seemed to crop up
around every release. Now I'm hearing from others in a Skype group I'm a
member of that NVDA has been going downhill since Jamie left the project
and it's going to die outright soon because it can't keep up with
competition.

NVDA has been my screen-reader of choice since I discovered it in late
2011 and I don't want it to be forever lost. I can't donate right now,
and I'm not a programmer, but is there anything I can do to help? This
project has been a faithful friend to me and I want to fight for it in
any way I possibly can.