Re: Meandering NVDA Miscellany (including that it's alive and well)

Sharni-Lee Ward

There were like five people or more agreeing with each other about this, some of whom I consider friends and who I believed to be honest people. So when they were saying stuff like this I got anxious...

On 3/02/2019 2:42 pm, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 09:46 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
crying doom and saying Jaws was performing better than NVDA.
And?   There have been times where either one was generally more responsive than the other, and there are still specific tasks where one is more responsive than the other.  Tis' part and parcel of complex software like a screen reader.

Given the nature of NVDA, I doubt they'd disappear without a long (and public) fight first.  This strikes me very much in the same vein as Mark Twain's observations regarding rumors of his death:  "Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back