Re: Meandering NVDA Miscellany (including that it's alive and well)

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I had somebody extolling the new 'cheap' price of Jaws the other day, No its not cheap its a bit like Office, you kind of rent it. At present at least you do not lose the ability to use what you have with Jaws, but for how long with cloud systems trying to take over. I mean your mobile phone and tablet probably already do use the cloud, if you had to pay for this and it was taken away if you did not pay, like Netflix or whatever, or your access to your music? What then?

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2019 4:49 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is NVDA really dying? Can I do anything to help?

Yes I would feel that way as well. It seemed like those people wanted nvda dead right?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sharni-Lee Ward
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2019 7:51 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is NVDA really dying? Can I do anything to help?

There were like five people or more agreeing with each other about this, some of whom I consider friends and who I believed to be honest people. So when they were saying stuff like this I got anxious...

On 3/02/2019 2:42 pm, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 09:46 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

crying doom and saying Jaws was performing better than NVDA.

And? There have been times where either one was generally more responsive than the other, and there are still specific tasks where one is more responsive than the other. Tis' part and parcel of complex software like a screen reader.

Given the nature of NVDA, I doubt they'd disappear without a long (and public) fight first. This strikes me very much in the same vein as Mark Twain's observations regarding rumors of his death: "Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.