From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2019 5:33 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is NVDA really dying? Can I do anything to help?

Those rumors were probably from who have a Windows 10 phobia. Now there
are performance issues with people trying to run the latest version of
NVDA on Windows XP or earlier. That is flatly stated on this and other
NVDA lists and websites.

Folks, you have to move on past XP and eventually even Windows 7. I am
very conservative when it comes to changing a system that works well. I
had an XP system at least one of the 3 systems I own until early 2018,
but I now have 2 Windows 10 systems playing perfectly with NVDA and I
feel a bit better than with JAWS latest release. I still don't like
JAWS identifying the Windows Explorer windows as multi select list boxes
and reading every item in the displayed columns. Even with the updated
scripts for Thunderbird, JAWS still seems sluggish and clunky when
compared to NVDA in that program.

So there you have it--just my 2 cents.

On 2/2/2019 10:36 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

It wasn't on an NVDA skype group, just a misc one for someone's live
streams where all sorts of topics come up. There were some complaints
about performance issues a couple days ago, and that was where the
sentiments I related were mentioned. It upset me quite a bit to hear
such things...

On 3/02/2019 1:42 pm, Lino Morales wrote:

I don’t know where the hell you heard that on the Skype group. Are
you on the Skype English group? I’ve not seen any such messages about
NVDA going down hill since James left. Mike, Quenton, and Rafe Turner
are doing a fine job down under along with the devs who are part of
the NVDA add-ons community.

Windows 10