As a ech instructor here in my city, I’ve a student who hopes with all his heart NVDA disappears; that there’s nothing better than the Shark. Hard as I try to make him see reason, and how one needs to be prepared in case, to learn all one can of NVDA, he insists. yes I too admit that some little things the Shark does a bit better, but me using NVDA as my main screen reader for the past 3 years, I find it amazing especially how thanks to NVDA, I was able to work on my recently-acquired Windows10 Laptop as soon as I was able to understand Narrator how to go onto the NVDA site and download! no having to worry about licenses and the rest; not having to worry upon a Windows update, if the screen reader works etc. NVDA, you’ve got still a little bit to go, to start changing peoples’ minds and to give you more of a chance; you’re slowly getting there! As long as we continue to try you out, and keep on giving suggestions to your developers, and getting more AddOns, we’ll get there! Hang in there!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 2 feb 2019, a la(s) 10:49 p. m., Sky Mundell <skyt@...> escribió:

Yes I would feel that way as well. It seemed like those people wanted nvda dead right?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sharni-Lee Ward
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2019 7:51 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is NVDA really dying? Can I do anything to help?

There were like five people or more agreeing with each other about this, some of whom I consider friends and who I believed to be honest people. So when they were saying stuff like this I got anxious...

On 3/02/2019 2:42 pm, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 09:46 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

crying doom and saying Jaws was performing better than NVDA.

And?   There have been times where either one was generally more responsive than the other, and there are still specific tasks where one is more responsive than the other.  Tis' part and parcel of complex software like a screen reader.

Given the nature of NVDA, I doubt they'd disappear without a long (and public) fight first.  This strikes me very much in the same vein as Mark Twain's observations regarding rumors of his death:  "Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back