Re: Meandering NVDA Miscellany (including that it's alive and well)

Dan Thompson

NVDA is equal and in some areas superior to JAWS.  This program has helped many senior citizens I have worked with, who now have macular degeneration and thought their computer access was over.  The NVDA community answering questions and brilliant developers are gifted in producing this software.  A very big shout out and thanks to all who are responsible in keeping NVDA going!!!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mobeen Iqbal
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2019 8:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is NVDA really dying? Can I do anything to help?

Well Said. NVDA certainly doesn't seem to be dying. That's the beauty of a community led and open source project. You should see some of the complaints I've seen on groups recently about jaws 2019. that's a commercial product and people are downgrading to jaws 2018 because that worked better for them, despite all the supposed improvements. Many people I know are switching from jaws to NVDA because it works much better for them, both in a business and home environment. No screen reader is perfect. But accessibility has come a really long way and long may NVDA continue to thrive.

Mo.

On 03/02/2019 02:10, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:

I totally disagree. NVDA has been great, and will continue to be great. I believe 2019.1 is due soon and I believe it fixes the problem I'm having with Excel.
You don't really need a professional developer for NVDA to be great, you just need community effort.
I know I haven't use NVDA much on my desktop, but that's just because I'm too lazy to upgrade to Windows 10. Right now I decided to just waited out until I can get a new desktop that already comes Windows 10.