Re: Meandering NVDA Miscellany (including that it's alive and well)

Jackie

Boy, do I *ever* agree w/that! Same can be said for web browsers.
Being blind sucks in that regard, & there are just no 2 ways about it,
though I suspect sometimes sighted folks are forced to jump thru
similar hoops, albeit likely not nearly as often.

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 07:31 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:

Hard as I try to make him see reason, and how one needs to be prepared in
case,
Having tutored JAWS for some years now, with each and every client I
emphasize that any screen reader user had better know how to use at least
one additional screen reader with at least "core functions" skills.  Now,
with the advent of Windows 10 Version 1809 I'd say they ought to try to
develop that "core functions" skill set with two additional screen readers.

I have yet to see any screen reader not have occasional difficulty with
something, particularly specific websites.  Being able to grab an alternate
screen reader to gain accessibility to a site where your favored screen
reader is balking is, to my mind, an absolutely essential skill to have.

Those who put all their eggs in one, and only one, screen reader basket will
suffer the usual consequences.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for
illusion is deep.*

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back