Re: Meandering NVDA Miscellany (including that it's alive and well)

Kevin Cussick

How ever, is there any plans to replace Jamey?

On 04/02/2019 21:37, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Regarding development slowing down: perhaps because of number of commits. However, when we look at today’s master commits, we’re seeing increase in activity from third-party developers. The most promising example is basic support for Microsoft Management Console (MMC)/Disk Management/graphical view, which was not written by NV Access, but by a college student.
Cheers,
Joseph
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Monday, February 4, 2019 12:56 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is NVDA really dying? Can I do anything to help?
hi,
I will comment on this. While NVDA isn't dieing, development has certainly slowed down considerably since Jamy left the project. NVDA is falling behind jaws in adopting some newer introduced technologies, e.g, 64 bit, UIA support for office, which jaws has implemented completely for all office apps etc. Therefore the concern which was also expressed on the dev list is certainly understandable.
On 2/4/2019 8:52 PM, David Moore wrote:
This is just one issue showing that you cannot believe everything you hear.
Especially on computer groups and lists, there is a lot of fake roomers!
Fake news is getting very dangerous in every area of our lives!
We must research what we hear, and consider the source!
David Moore
David Moore