Re: trouble closing NVDA

Tony Malykh

As a workaround, you can kill NVDA by typing this command:

taskkill /f /im NVDA.exe

In Administrator command prompt.

On 2/4/2019 11:23 AM, Lou Kolb wrote:
I'm using NVDA on 2 computers, a Windows 10 laptop at home and a
Windows 10 desktop at work. At home, I have no problems. At work,
however, NVDA will not close properly. I hit insert+q and I get the
Windows error sound and then the startup sound for NVDA and it
continues to run. The only way I've found to close it is to restart
the computer. It's a shared machine, so I don't have NVDA set to start
on boot-up. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any known fix
for it? Thanks. Lou