Re: trouble closing NVDA

Lou Kolb <loukolb@...>

Quentin,

I won't be working again until Saturday, but I'll have a look at the
log then and send it to you, as well. Many thanks. Lou

Sorry Lou, I should have specified that :)

If you have NVDA running, you can open the log either from NVDA's tools
menu (NVDA+n, then T, the ENTER to view log, or by pressing NVDA+F1). You
can also find it in the %temp% directory (both the current nvda.log and the
previous nvda-old.log files are kept). More info on log files is at :
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/LogFilesAndCrashDumps

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 10:55 AM Lou Kolb <loukolb@...> wrote:

Thanks, all, for the very helpful information. I'll certainly try
those line commands. I should mention that I generally use Jaws as my
primary screen reader, mainly because I've used it for nearly 20
years. But I find I'm using NVDA more often now, especially in
situations where I don't want to get tangled in their licensing. In
fact, I do find that NVDA works better in some cases
Quentin, where do I find the NVDA log? Lou.

You can also quit NVDA with another comand-line switch - again press
WINDOWS+R, then type:

nvda -q

and press ENTER. I would be interested in trying to work out what is
causing the problem in any case.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 9:36 AM Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@...>
wrote:

As a workaround, you can kill NVDA by typing this command:

taskkill /f /im NVDA.exe

In Administrator command prompt.

On 2/4/2019 11:23 AM, Lou Kolb wrote:
I'm using NVDA on 2 computers, a Windows 10 laptop at home and a
Windows 10 desktop at work. At home, I have no problems. At work,
however, NVDA will not close properly. I hit insert+q and I get the
Windows error sound and then the startup sound for NVDA and it
continues to run. The only way I've found to close it is to restart
the computer. It's a shared machine, so I don't have NVDA set to
start
on boot-up. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any known fix
for it? Thanks. Lou

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager