From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, February 4, 2019 8:45 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] trouble closing NVDA

Lou,

Assuming it is the official Eloquence synthesizer (the paid one), as long as you are on the latest version, you should be ok, but it would still be useful restarting NVDA without it running just to be sure.  Certainly many others use it and I haven't heard of this issue before.  If you are using an unofficial pirate add-on, it has caused a few problems and really is not stable at all (even aside from the legal and ethical issues of using an illegal add-on).

In any case, I'm keen to get to the bottom of it as clearly it would be an annoying issue.

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 12:46 PM Lou Kolb <loukolb@...> wrote:

By the way, the only add-on I'm aware of using is the Elloquence
cynth, but I think I had that problem before I installed it. And, I'm
not certain that that is an add-on anyway. Lou