Re: Meandering NVDA Miscellany (including that it's alive and well)

Davy Cuppens

MODS please stop all these chatter threads.

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2019 11:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is NVDA really dying? Can I do anything to help?

enes
You are one of those people who're trying to spread the panic, aren't you?
As for 64 bit, this is not the first time on this mailing list that you're complaining about. The truth is that there is no need to switch to 64-bit as it is not likely to increase performance or support of other software. So please stop using 64-bit support as the reason for imminent decline of NVDA. NVDA devs are not going to work on this just because you want it.
In another thread on this mailing list you also mentioned that NVDA should use SSE and multithreading. That's another ridiculous statement of yours. SSE is for floating point computations and therefore it's not applicable to NVDA. Multithreading is already being used in NVDA.
So, stop complaining. and stop spreading panic.

--Tony

On 2/4/2019 12:55 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:

hi,

I will comment on this. While NVDA isn't dieing, development has certainly slowed down considerably since Jamy left the project. NVDA is falling behind jaws in adopting some newer introduced technologies, e.g, 64 bit, UIA support for office, which jaws has implemented completely for all office apps etc. Therefore the concern which was also expressed on the dev list is certainly understandable.

On 2/4/2019 8:52 PM, David Moore wrote:

This is just one issue showing that you cannot believe everything you hear.

Especially on computer groups and lists, there is a lot of fake roomers!

Fake news is getting very dangerous in every area of our lives!

We must research what we hear, and consider the source!

David Moore

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10