Re: Need help learning Braille

Ervin, Glenn

Hi,

It is never too late.

Your state agency should teach you, but if not, Hadley School has a Braille curriculum for folks who are Blind.

I have taught it to people in their 90s, and I had one lady in her 90s who learned the entire alphabet in two weeks.

I know of diabetics with neuropathy who could read it faster than me, and I learned it at age 21, and although I’m not real fast, it meets my needs, but you can get much faster than I if you are motivated to learn it.

If I could not listen to audio feedback, I would be a lot faster, just from using it every day.

Glenn

Glenn Ervin  Orientation Counselor II

Norfolk Nebraska

402 370 3436