Re: A weird one!

Roger Stewart

I was getting the table message in Thunderbird. However, the nvda keys were not working at all and that was global. I was able to hear the names of the running applications list so I could find and stop nvda. There was no way to stop nvda except using P-View as I couldn't bring up the shutdown dialogue or the nvda menu at all.

Roger

On 2/5/2019 10:28 AM, Gene wrote:
Are you saying this happened everywhere or just in certain places?  that may be important in guessing what occurred.

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 9:46 AM
Subject: [nvda] A weird one!

When I started my computer this morning I went to read my email and
every key I pressed nvda kept saying "not in a table cell". I have no
idea what that was about. I tried nvda key plus q to quit or restart
nvda and it kept saying the same silly thing about table cells.
Fortunately I have the Spydec P-View utility and I was able to find
nvda.exe in the list of running apps and I was able to kill it from
there. After I restarted nvda, everything was normal again! This is the
first time I've ever had this happen in several years of using nvda. It
was probably a one in a million glitch of some kind, but I'll watch and
see if it ever happens again but I doubt it will. Any ideas on what
might have happened? Just curious as I don't think this is a bug.

Roger