Re: need help explaining object navigation to a friend

molly the blind tech lover

I think the problem was my friend tried using insert or caps lock while pressing the arrow keys and it didn't work. Or something like that. I realize I'm not explaining this very well, butI bet if we used NVDA remote support I could help figure it out. But then I'd feel like I was hijacking the computer. Not my intention 😉

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:12 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] need help explaining object navigation to a friend

I don't know what the hang up is.
Having one of the other type of physical machine doesn't prohibit you from using either layout. Indeed, since I can remember be it with Jaws or now that I'm trying to use NVDA more, every machine I've had, be it a laptop or desktop, one of the first things I've always done when doing the initial configuration is to enable the laptop keyboard layout. This doesn’t' mean that you can't use the desktop layout anymore. Simply that you will also have access to the laptop keystrokes in addition to the traditional desktop ones.

Cristóbal