Re: trouble closing NVDA

Sam Bushman

I have Version: 2018.4.1

I am using eloquence paid version – I have the speech viewer off and don’t have these issues.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] trouble closing NVDA

Ok, if you bought Eloquence from the AT Guys it will certainly be the legitimate version.  The latest version of NVDA is 2018.4.1.  We recommend being on the latest version generally, but I'm not specifically aware of any issues relating to this.

Ok, I just had another look through our issues, and I did find one sounding very similar to yours, but the user was using Vocalizer rather than eloquence (though they come in the same bundle, so it could be related), and specifically, they had the speech viewer open.  In that case, closing the speech viewer stopped NVDA crashing.  Do you use speech viewer?

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 11:56 PM Lou Kolb <loukolb@...> wrote:

Quentin,
I believe I'm running 2018.3.2 on that system , and I only update when
prompted to. Eloquence was bought from the AT guys, so should be
legitimate. As I mentioned, I won't be at that location until
Saturday, but I'll copy and send you the log then. FYI, I work at a
radio station here in Pennsylvania and the computer I'm running NVDA
on is used for accessing the net and recording and playing audio.
However, I have plans to try it on the computer that actually runs the
station, and a problem like this would be absolutely unacceptable on
that system. Thanks, again for all the help and suggestions. Lou