Re: need help explaining object navigation to a friend

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Say in the case of a desk top computer which i use you use your modifier key  and the numeric keypad.

Make sure your num lock key is off.

you will need to put your self into that mode first press the nvda key +7 on the numeric keypad to do this make sure you hear it spoken.

NVDA key + 8 takes you up a level nvda key + 2 takes you down a level. NVDA key + 4 will take you to the left and nvda key + 6 will take you to the right and they will also say if you can not go any further to the left or right.

You will also see more if the check box under the review cursor settings called Simple review mode is unchecked.

Probably for a quick example open up note pad then type in some text then use the alt key + f4 key you will then be given some options like save cancel etc and you will only hear the message once. Even though you can tab between those buttons it will not read out the message again. So if you are in object navigation mode use the nvda key + 8 on the numeric key pad to go up one level to read the message.

You apart from that would not not really use it to get to the buttons you can already tab to.

There are other places you would use it on it would depend if you can get to it or not.

Gene nz

On 6/02/2019 10:40 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
I think the problem was my friend tried using insert or caps lock while pressing the arrow keys and it didn't work. Or something like that. I realize I'm not explaining this very well, butI bet if we used NVDA remote support I could help figure it out. But then I'd feel like I was hijacking the computer. Not my intention ūüėČ