Re: espeak n g no good it sneezes on some words

Sharni-Lee Ward

Well, in the case of verbosity as I traverse the system, I do a lot of
rapid scrolling and pressing of ctrl. I know what my system says where
and am familiar enough with my computer to know where things are without
being told. :)

Reading stories and articles is most of what I do with NVDA. Changing
speeds from super fast to what I consider normal and back would be quite
as jarring as listening to a piece of music at double-speed and then
straight away listening to the same song at normal speed. Whenever I do
that the normal rate sounds too slow...

On 16/06/2016 7:42 AM, n8mnx@... wrote:
Some of us can certainly listen to fast rates of speed. I listen to
my reading machine at 500 words per minute and I will also listen to
my nls player at the highest speed. If I listen to slow that would
just put me to sleep.
Brian Sackrider

On 6/10/2016 3:00 AM, Pete wrote:

hi

I have been using screen readers since 95 in windows except for an
old apple 2 e in the late 80s with textalker.

I do slow down first thing in the morning, uncheck the rate boost
and set speed to 100 % .

To me nvda set to 30 % sounds like if you set yours to 0 % or slower.

I am just used to it fast.

Pete

On 6/9/2016 11:14 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
... How can anyone understand what's being read or enjoy what they're
reading at such outrageous speeds? I've never changed NVDA from its
default rate with espeak. And how can you even tell there's fluttering
if the synth is yammering on so fast you can barely make out the words?
I just tested it and I can't make out what's being said at all. If I
didn't know the contents of the dialogue, I'd be lost.

On 9/06/2016 9:12 PM, Pete wrote:
hi

I all ways used the default nvda max english voice, I am
disappointed in the changes made to espeak in nvda I think starting
with nvda 2015 or may be as far back as 2014. Were the changes made
to espeak by nvda devel or the creator of espeak. I would like a
choice in nvda setup to be able to pick witch espeak to install. I
feal the need for speed quite freequently and to have that fluttering
sound in there when the check box for rate boost is checked so I can
get up to a 600 to 800 words per min is disruptive. I am still trying
to get used to it.

Pete

On 6/8/2016 1:43 PM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
hi.
i use iven3 which is the best voice and also with default rate of
nvda
which is 30!
its very perfect for me.

On 6/7/16, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
I have replaced the data from old espeak over and the syntth works a
lot
better one person had trouble however, espeak at least the word
stuff
works as I expect it so I am not to worried.

On 8/06/2016 3:31 a.m., Pete wrote:
as the s line says espeak n g makes a buzzing or sneezing sound
along
with some words.
NOT COOL AT ALL
along with the funny noises the voice flutters
This is default espeakng max voice set to en...
windows 7 x64 pro clean install
nvda installed using default settings except for speed set
to 100
percent
Can I replace the espeak n g with the older one by copying the
old one
over the new one in the program files x86 \ nvda folder?
Thanks for any help!
Pete

.