From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2019 5:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is NVDA Really Dying?

Narrator while better than what it was, really still feels like an afterthought. I mean, Microsoft has had ample opportunity to really develop a screen reader. Be it when they partnered with Window Eyes for like 5 minutes or only until recently paying more attention to Narrator itself.
Not to mention the fact that if they wanted to, they could've bought Window Eyes outright or Vispero at any time for that matter.
Not really bashing MS even. More like I'll believe Narrator to be a viable screen reading option when it actually becomes one. Right now, outside of perhaps getting a machine up and running out of the box or maybe to try to get out of the odd situation where your main screen reader craps out on you, it's not much more than that.
Cristóbal