From: Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>
Date: 07/02/2019 1:13 a.m. (GMT+01:00)
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Cc: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problems With NVDA

Where NVDA keeps reading "Unknown", the solution is to use the COM registration fixing tool:

1) Press NVDA+N to open the NVDA menu
2) Press T to open the tools menu
3) DOWN ARROW to "Run COM registration fixing tool"
4) Press ENTER, then ENTER again.

Let me know if that works (or doesn't).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 11:06 AM Ibrahim Ajayi <kobisko@...> wrote:
Hello:
I am having problems with my NVDA screen reader.
The screen reader is just too slow when I am browsing the internet.
When I am doing some other work like word processing or reading
documents off line, it is not slow.
This problem has nothing to do with the websites, as I don't have this
slow problems online with JAWS.  I use a demo copy of JAWS.
Secondly, when I visit a website, or even some times when I launch a
web browser like internet explorer or firefox, I hear "internet
explorer unknown" or "firefox unknown" and the screen goes quiet, and
when I press the arrow down key, that is what I keep hearing.  Some
times, when I am on a site, or trying to open a site, the screen
reader crashes, and disables the computer itself.  I just have to shut
it down, and then restart it all over again.
Does anyone understand the problem I am having with my NVDA screen reader?
I use windows7 32 bit on a laptop.
I have the latest update of the screen reader.
Hope to read a helpful response.
I am Ibrahim.

--
Quentin Christensen