Re: Problems With NVDA

My apologies. I should read more carefully. That is all. 😊

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Travis Siegel
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 9:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problems With NVDA

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but asking questions that have already been answered in the original post doesn't help anyone, it just adds unnecessary clutter to the list. Normally, I'd not say anything about this, but I've seen a rather large increase in this kind of behavior over the last couple months. It's almost like people are reading support scripts like when you call a help line, and the person on the other end of the line goes through their list of questions, regardless of what you told them when they answered the phone. Can we at least make an attempt to read messages before replying with questions that are already answered in the email to which we're replying? I think it would make everyone a lot happier.

On 2/6/2019 7:08 PM, Governor staten wrote:
What version of NVDA are you running? What Windows operating system are you running? That's enough to get us going.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ibrahim
Ajayi
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 7:07 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Problems With NVDA

Hello:
I am having problems with my NVDA screen reader.
The screen reader is just too slow when I am browsing the internet.
When I am doing some other work like word processing or reading documents off line, it is not slow.
This problem has nothing to do with the websites, as I don't have this slow problems online with JAWS. I use a demo copy of JAWS.
Secondly, when I visit a website, or even some times when I launch a web browser like internet explorer or firefox, I hear "internet explorer unknown" or "firefox unknown" and the screen goes quiet, and when I press the arrow down key, that is what I keep hearing. Some times, when I am on a site, or trying to open a site, the screen reader crashes, and disables the computer itself. I just have to shut it down, and then restart it all over again.
Does anyone understand the problem I am having with my NVDA screen reader?
I use windows7 32 bit on a laptop.
I have the latest update of the screen reader.
Hope to read a helpful response.
I am Ibrahim.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.