Re: Windows key plus M suddenly stopped working

Brad Snyder

How about you try this. When your focus is on the Start button, you do the keyboard command Shift plus Tab and see if that moves your focus to the Desktop.

Just a thought. Hope it helps.

- Brad -

On Feb 6, 2019, at 19:31, Manoj Govindraj <manmusical9@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi friends,
I tried all your suggestions but the problem still persists.
Interestingly, after I restart nvda, I see a back button that nvda
announces right next to the start button. As soon as I press that
button, the start window opens and I again lose access to the desktop.
Any thoughts?

Best,

Manoj

On 2/6/19, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi

Windows + letter M is a windows command. It will minimize all windows that
are open in front of you to the task bar.

Use the Windows key + letter D to jump to the desk top.

In some cases you might have to do it 2 times but in most cases only the
once from any where on the desktop, task bar etc.

Gene nz

On 7/02/2019 12:03 PM, Manoj Govindraj wrote:

Hi,
For some reason from last few hours, the nvda command windows key plus
M to go to the desktop has stopped working for me. When I quit nvda
and restart it again, I am able to go to the desktop. But as soon as I
click on start button, I am not able to access the desktop. I am sure
I have accidently disabled some command which is why I am facing this
issue. I use a laptop with windows 10. Would wait for your
suggestions.

Best,

Manoj

--
[Image NVDA certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK
sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their
computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you
please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries
(Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is installed
on the APNK network please visit the following link
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use
NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library
network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following
links. Software available
https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884 How to
start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers
https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/

To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link
https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the
official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have
sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

--
http://www.swar-ras.com