NVDA and braille displays

Ivan pivac

Hi list members,

I have been using a BrailleConnect from Humanware using the Baum USB supervario deriver and NVDA for several years quite successfully.  With the new release of NVDA, the braille display for some reason has stopped working.

Previously, NVDA had the BrailleConnect as one of its braille displays.  In the latest release of NVDA, there is an automatic detection option under the Braille setting but it fails to detect my display.  I also have brltty as an option which, in the past, also drove the display but no longer.  When I choose the brltty option, I receive the error message that brltty cannot be installed.  Interestingly, even though the supervario USB driver from Baum has been installed, there is no mention of it under the Windows driver folder.  Despite the fact that the BrailleConnect appears under ports in the device manager in the control panel, I receive the message that no briver has been installed.  The braille display is set for USB not bluetooth and it is functioning as normal and I am using Windows 10 Pro.  I would appreciate receiving comments from list members as to what might be the problem.

Many thanks

Ivan