Re: Windows key plus M suddenly stopped working

Brad Snyder

Correct.

- Brad -

On Feb 6, 2019, at 20:30, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 08:57 PM, Gene wrote:
Windows d takes you to the desktop but doesn't minimize anything.
The two commands, visually and otherwise, have the same final outcome if the destination is the Desktop.  Either one presents the Desktop with no Windows open.  All are minimized to the taskbar.  The difference being that WinKey+D shifts the stacking order, bringing the Desktop to the front, while WinKey+M minimizes all open windows, leaving you on the desktop.

You are absolutely correct that WinKey+D is a toggle, where when on the Desktop will bring up every Window you had open in the precise stacked arrangement and physical location they were when you used the toggle to get to the Desktop.

I seldom see people use WinKey+D as a toggle even though it is.  The sighted tend to point and click on the taskbar to bring up various windows again and most of my blind and visually impaired clients go straight to ALT+TAB to find the window they wish to bring front and center.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back