Re: Braille request

John J. Boyer

I missed this feature in BrailleExtender because it's under Input Gestures, which I thought was for touch screens.

John

On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 09:53:09AM -0000, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Now don't get me started....
Braille Extender add on does this, but for some odd reason it has no key
defined for it by default. Surely such an option needs to be in the core
since there are a lot of users now, and getting more due to the cheaper
displays, though of course I think most of the cheap ones at the moment are
only 6 dot.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "John J. Boyer"
<john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org>
To: <nvda-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>; <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2019 1:26 AM
Subject: [nvda] Braille request

My request is that NVDA have a way to turn off dots 7 and 8.

In standard brf files, such as those from the BARD website of the U.S.
National Library service, all letters and some
additional symbolls are in upper case. I have BraileExtender and can
switch between English U.S. Grade 2 and English
U.S. 6 dot computer Braille. But the latter is not 6 dot. Dot seven
sticks up almost continually, making
reading unpleasant. We need a way to tell NVDA that all letters and
symbolls are 6 dot.

Thamnks,
John

--