From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: 08 February 2019 06:46
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA, JAWS, compared to Narrator

Hi!

This is a great question, and I can give you some good information!

I use Narrator more than I do JAWS, and 60 percent as much as NVDA.

Of course, this is using Windows 10 1809 build, and Narrator is even a little better in the insider builds relating to the next build, 1903.

Here is just a little of what I use Narrator for.

One:

I do everything on the Internet with Narrator using Chrome and MS Edge browsers.

Two:

I use Narrator to do everything with my emails in the Windows 10 Mail app!

Three:

I use Narrator with the following Windows 10 apps:

The News app, Twitter app, The weather app, the Skype app, Mail, Calendar, and People apps.

I write tutorials with Narrator using Notepad and Google docs using Waterfox.

Narrator also works well with Waterfox browser.

I use Narrator to navigate all of Windows 10 including the settings app, start menu, control panel, and much more.

I use Narrator a lot, to get NVDA and JAWS to start again.

Sometimes, JAWS and NVDA lock up, and Narrator gets me out of a lot of jams.

I have used Narrator twice, to reset both of my laptops to factory defaults.

Narrator is a pretty good screen reader, now, I believe.

I would put NVDA first, then Narrator, then unbelievably, JAWS third.

I only use JAWS for a couple of tasks. JAWS does not work with hardly any of the Windows 10 apps, but Narrator does.

I hope that helps you do your presentation.

Email me off list if you need anymore help!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10