Re: Reading parts of the cursor's line

Tony Malykh

For malformed HTML tables you can use my BrowserNav add-on to navigate up and down within current column - e.g. it allows you to find vertically aligned blocks of text that are not properly marked as HTML table.

--Tony

On 2/7/2019 8:00 AM, Gene wrote:
I knew about the feature in JAWS but I never understood what it would be used for.  Where would it be used?

Also, NVDA needs a way, I only saw this ability in the old ASAP DOS screen-reader, to define a column so you can move with the up and down arrow keys or use read to end and only have a certain column of the screen read.  Let's say you have a document with three columns and you want to arrow through one column from top to bottom.  This can't be done now.  It would be useful in some documents and it would be useful on some web sites where tables are laid out visually to look like tables but have no formatting to tell a screen-reader that a table exists.

Gene. 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2019 8:43 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading parts of the cursor's line

Then you want my addon.
It's not on the addon site, but should do what you want.

https://github.com/tspivey/partialLines/releases/download/v0.1/partialLines-0.1.nvda-addon

On 2/7/2019 6:12 AM, Robert Geoffroy wrote:
> No problem to read the current line. I often just need reading the line before and/or after the cursor. For instance, with Jaws, insert+7 enable to read the line before the cursor and insert+9 the line after the cursor ! I'd like to do the same with NVDA.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert
>
>
> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] De la part de molly the blind tech lover
> Envoyé : jeudi 7 février 2019 15:00
> À : nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Objet : Re: [nvda] Reading parts of the cursor's line
>
> Hi.
> Try pressing NVDA plus L. NVDA will read the current line. Press NVDA plus down arrow. NVDA will read the next line.
> Hope this helps.
>
>
> Molly
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Geoffroy
> Sent: Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:30 AM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] Reading parts of the cursor's line
>
> Hi, everyone,
>
> This is one first question: is there any way to read the current line before the cursor and after the cursor as well?
>
> I'm discovering NVDA with enjoyment!
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Robert
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.