Re: Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

Ron Canazzi

When I first got Windows 10 on this newer 64 bit system, when I used Cortana, it launched Internet Explorer--not Edge.

On 2/8/2019 8:21 PM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
As far as I know, plans for Windows 10 were to replace IE with Edge, what they did, so Cortana actually uses Edge, not IE.
However, IE is still there, for a reason that heavens only knows.
Maybe if they remove it they'll break something on Windows? I don't know, but well...

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 08/02/2019 23:16, Ron Canazzi escreveu:

This is interesting.  So why does the Cortana voice inquiry launch Internet Explorer by default after a Windows install? Now I changed it since then, but how many people take the time to do so?

On 2/8/2019 6:50 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Article that came out today in The Telegraph newspaper in the UK:

          Stop using Internet Explorer, warns Microsoft's own security chief

If that doesn't convince people that the shelf life of IE is now expired, nothing will.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"