Re: Some mouse navigation questions

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

You mean as to get into the settings of nvda where you can make changes use the nvda key + letter N then arrow down to preferences then right to settings then press the enter key to go into that section.

Or quickly do the following nvda key + letter N then the letter P then press the enter key. Then it is a matter of going through the sections there.

there are other short cut keys to get to other parts of the settings menu

for example nvda key + ctrl key + letter V will take you into the voice settings.

The following link might help you with some of your questions found at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/FAQ

also when you use the nvda key + letter N to bring up the preferences menu arrow down to help then right to user guide it has shortcuts for both lap top and desk top users.

In the user manual from section 5 to 5.7 should answer most of your questions.

gene nz

On 9/02/2019 5:45 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey guys,
Jed here, 1st post.  So, i'm taking the nvda plunge coming from jawas.
I have used nvda a little bit, but am trying to get familiar with some
more of the keyboard commands.
So, what's the best way to navigate using the mouse in NVDA?? With jfw,
we have the jaws and PC cursor.  Also, what's the best way to get to
the preferences?
Cheers,
Jed