Re: Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

Gene

I don't know if Outlook Express was the issue.  We don't know how other people had their e-mail programs set.  Or I sahould say I don't; I don't know if you know.  When you say they got infected, did they just open an e-mail or open an attachment?  Do you read mail as plain text or HTML?

Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2019 4:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

Indeed the pesky launching of Edge is a little annoying in windows 10.
 However, I had to laugh the other day when a dodgy email  came in to a lot
of us at the tn. most people are sighted and either used webmail or Tbird.
Many of them got infected by some kind of  pop up windows were advertising
code. I did not. I am using the old Outlook Express. I thought this a little
amusing. Certainly Superantispyware removed the  thing for them but it just
goes to show that  its being careful more than outdated programs that is
often the key for keeping the computer clean.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-