Re: Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

JM Casey

I haven’t played with Chrome’s much, but Firefox has pretty great bookmark management. What is it that you can do with iE that you can’t with Firefox regarding bookmarks, or favourites, as I believe they were called in IE?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of MAX
Sent: February 8, 2019 11:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

The management of favorites in chrome and Firefox is almost nonexistent.  I use explorer to update and manage my favorites file.   Why can’t programmers leave things alone. Especially things that work.

73 (Regards).

Max K 4 O D S.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Antique Electronics Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2019 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

You may not find ways that work as well to use those sites.  You may continue using Internet Explorer with them.  It’s the browser you use as the main browser that is the issue, not the browser you use for occasional accessibility purposes with this or that site. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Rosemarie ChavarrFrom: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Clarissa Mitchell
Sent: Friday, February 8, 2019 5:10 PM

I hardly use IE anymore at all. For me, it's either Chrome or Firefox.
There were one or two site-specific functions I still had to use IE for because of one thing or another, but I'm going to find a way to access those sites with Chrome, which is my main browser. I'm still working on that. I haven't used IE as my main browser in ages. I don't understand why people are even still using that browser; it's outdated and, at least on my more recent computers, slow as a snail! To me, there's really not that much difference in using one of the other browsers, from a screen reader standpoint anyway. You can still use a lot of the same navigation commands. I don't know about Edge; I haven't used it much, but as far as I can tell, Chrome and Firefox work great with NVDA.

On 2/8/19, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
> Article that came out today in The Telegraph newspaper in the UK:
>
>           Stop using Internet Explorer, warns Microsoft's own security
> chief (
> https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/02/08/stop-using-internet-
> explorer-warns-microsofts-security-chief/
> )
>
> If that doesn't convince people that the shelf life of IE is now
> expired, nothing will.
> --
>
> Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763
>
> *A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the
> need for illusion is deep.*
>
>           ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back
>
>
>
>

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.