Re: NVDA, JAWS, compared to Narrator

Annette Moore

LOL, David! Actually, to me, Mark sounds kind of like a smart alec. I probably need to change his pitch. You know, take him down a few notches? LOL! 😀 He is clear, though.

Annette

On 2/9/2019 2:21 PM, David Moore wrote:

Yes!

I like Microsoft 1 cor Mark much better.

Mark is great!

I don’t like David that well either.

If it was my David Voice you would love it LOL!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2019 3:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA, JAWS, compared to Narrator

yeah, David's not bad, but he sounds like he's breathing. Kind of creepy. LOL!

Annette

On 2/9/2019 1:55 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

I like the Austtralian female voice I’m using. Can’t think of her name though. Anyway, she’s really responsive. I use her with NVDA. For Narrator I use a male voice coalled Microsoft David.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Annette Moore
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2019 2:51 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA, JAWS, compared to Narrator

I really like OneCore Zira, but I like her best using NVDA. She reads differently--more slowly or something--in Narrator. I mean, when you do the read-to-end command in NVDA, she reads normally, but no matter how fast you have her going in Narrator, reading to end has her reading more--I don't know, monotone maybe?--than she does in NVDA. I've had to add some extra pronunciations in the voice dictionary, but other than that, I really like that voice! It's very clear and I like that.

Annette

On 2/9/2019 10:00 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 06:09 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

You might like to try the new Microsoft voices. They're pretty good.

Agreed.  I particularly like the OneCore voices you get if you install additional languages (all English dialects, in my case).  They sound virtually human.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.