Re: Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

molly the blind tech lover

One time a long time ago when I was using internet explorer this terrible virus popped up. It was talking and it scared me. Obviously I didn't click on it. I've never used internet explorer since then.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jason White via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2019 5:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

Modern browsers are much more carefully designed to be secure (for example, with the multi-process architecture of chrome).

So far as I can recall, Internet Explorer has always had a reputation
for security vulnerabilities. It also does not support modern Web
standards - another reason why the web is moving on, leaving IE behind.

Needless to say, I don't use Internet Explorer. When I'm on Windows,
it's mostly Chrome at the moment.

On 2/9/19 4:53 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
That is though mainly because they have not bothered to actually bring
it up to date. They want everyone to get Windows 10 and use Edge.
On the other hand a lot of the things in IE have been clunky for some
time, so most people I know use Firefox, Water-fox or Chrome most of
the time.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.