Re: Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

Gene

The menu you see isn't any menu in the main interface and I'm not sure how you are getting to it.  If you press alt and then right arrow and you don't move to five or six menu titles, one of them being book marks, then try maximizing the program.  If that doesn't let you see the menus, I don't know why you are seeing what you are describing.  How are you getting to the menu?

Gene

-----Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2019 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

I would never have thought of finding bookmarks under library.  I must admit that my method of working does complicate things for me.  If I had not hovered the mouse over the three vertical lines with a slanted line next to them I would never have known that this symbol means library.  All these cute little symbols make it hard for someone who has been using words for 30 years and suddenly someone decides that words are right out and symbols are in.  They probably have meaning to those who thought them up but a few lines that look like modern art don’t necessarily have meaning to everyone.

73 (Regards).

Max K 4 O D S.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Antique Electronics Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2019 3:51 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

In Firefox, Bookmarks can be found under the Library category from the main menu button or via the Firefox conventional menu, which can be invoked by hitting ALT.  Bookmarks is one of the primary entries, and its shortcut is ALT+B.

CTRL+SHIFT+B shows all bookmarks in the Bookmark Manager (which has the dialog title, Library - this is my favorite access method, much like File Explorer)

CTRL+D bookmarks the page you're currently viewing.

CTRL+SHIFT+D bookmarks all open tabs
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.