From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2019 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Some mouse navigation questions

The equivalent to the JAWS cursor is screen review mode.  There is also object navigation which, according to what I've heard and read is equivalent to the touch cursor in NVDA.  To read about screen review, you can look at the user guide

You can look at the user guide for information about object navigation but you would probably be better off using a tutorial.  I'll let list members discuss which tutorial they like that deals with the subject.

You can click the mouse once you move to something using object navigation or screen review mode.  Use the command NVDA key slash, the mouse left click key in JAWS and NVDA.  That moves the mouse to your current position in object navigation or screen review, whichever you are using.  Then press slash again, which iss left click, as I said.

I can tell you where to look in the user manual but if you want me to, ask and I'll do so in another message.  I'd have to look it up.

Also, if you don't know them, you need to know screen review keys such as numpad 8 read current line in review, numpad 7, move to and read previous line. and the rest.

Also, remember to always go back to object navigation after using screen review.  Certain things won't work as they should if you don't.