Re: NVDA, JAWS, compared to Narrator

Annette Moore

It's a OneCore voice here. I've never used SAPI5. I accidentally hit enter on it in the synth choices the other night and all it kept saying was, "Please register this product." Lord have mercy, I thought I was never going to get out of that! I actually had to use System Access to read me the NVDA menu so I could switch synthesizers. I was very close to asking you guys for help because I couldn't get anywhere! Nowhere! that was scary. And when I used Narrator and tried to switch synths, it said, "This is not a narrator command." The only thing I can think is that I used to have Office 365 on here and quit using it because all I was using it for was Outlook and Thunderbird is just as good and free, and that's how SAPI5 must've been available, though back then I never used NVDA. In any case, that was more than you wanted to know. I couldn't try SAPI5 if I wanted to, and I hope I never accidentally hit enter on that crazy synthe choice again because that was tough to get out of.

Annette

On 2/9/2019 2:46 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 02:51 PM, Annette Moore wrote:
OneCore Zira
I thought Zira was a SAPI5 voice?   If there's another version of her under OneCore I'd be curious to hear it.

I've been using Microsoft James, OneCore - the British accented male voice (or one of them, anyway).  I also liked David and Richard, though I think they both are SAPI5 voices.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back