Re: Intent of any post being misinterpreted

Hi Ian,
I would like so much to try explaining you what is an emoji, but I definitelly don't have the proper words.
An emoji is, let's say, theorically, the same as an emoticon, except by some differences.
And, to understand these differences, you can check this link, which will explain it much better than I would ever do.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 11/02/2019 07:02, Ian Westerland escreveu:

Brian, I don't think I even know what an emogee is so I look forward to an explanation.  Probably when the explanation comes, I might be able to imagine how to use Emogees but, at the moment, I'm in the dark
so to speak.

Regards

Ian Westerland

On 2/11/2019 7:30 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi folks, as somebody who has been around text based messages for more years than I care to admit to, there is one basic truism which still can cause issues.
The statement of facts or giving of advice can appear very abrupt and direct when it was not meant to be.
Most of us when speaking to each other use inflection and such like to create the spirit of what is being said and how it is to be taken.
Sadly many of us cannot see body language, so even that is no good in person. However apart from what I still consider as these new fangled emogees, many do not know what they mean nor in fact use them.
Thus when you see an apparently  abrupt response or interpret something as a castigation or a reprimand, please  go away, have a drink, think about it and realise it was just the facts being expressed. Nothing
wrong with anything you said.
Even a simple comment like:
If you go back a day you will see this answered is often seen as sarcasm, when its really not meant that way. If you cannot go back or do not know how to view the archive, merely state this and somebody will help, I'm sure.
OK I'll go back to sleep now!

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.