Autocorrect question.

In LibreOffice and OO, OpenOffice, there are certain commands you can do to make autocorrect do things it would not normally do, such as capitalize the first letter of a sentence when quoting. I'm trying to apply the below modification to the MS Office desktop program. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know, after reading the below.

In LO and OO I can type the below string into the replace box, and the program will automatically correct the word or phrase without me having to hit space or similar.

For example, if I type,

"a.*

LO and OO transforms it to,

"A

without me having to hit space or period or similar. Does anybody know how I can do this in MS Word? It makes novel editing a hellscape when I am working on draft 2. And, yes, I know where the shift key is, but I really don't want to break the flow when quoting while writing draft 1. And, unfortunately, MS Word has the far superior grammar checker built in.