Re: Facebook with NVDA

mk360

Hi,

About forms mode (NVDA space) it sounds when you press this combination, but you can disable it in NVDA's configuration. However which distribution mode are you using for the keyboard? note that if you are using laptops keyboard the NVDA modifier key will be capslock, so the combination is capslock spacebar, but if you are using desktop keyboard the NVDA modifier key will be the insert key. You can see the distribution in the NVDA menu > preferences > keyboard settings or similar (my NVDA is in spanish).
About NVDA shift spacebar, it doesn't use any song, but when you enable or disable that NVDA announces it. Note that as I understand that mode was developed to cases lyke Facebook or similar. You can test if the mode is active by pressing something lyke h key and see if it moves to the next header... if not the mode is working.

Regards,
mk.

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 6:07 AM, Semirhage <severus13@...> wrote:
I tried forms mode or whatever on several sites today with space bar and caps lock as from the suggestions I found that easiest. IT made no sound either way. Was it supposed to? So I don't know if it worked or not. I hit both at once too, that's right?

Sem