Re: Intent of any post being misinterpreted

Ian Westerland

My thoughts too.

Ian

On 2/12/2019 4:20 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Well customised emoticons is what I sort of thought of, but I used that word to mean both in fact since I do not use them and from the descriptions I hear in nvda, would not be sure if I'd used the right one in the first place, so I tend to ad justĀ  Grin at eye end.
Brian
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "marcio via Groups.Io" <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Intent of any post being misinterpreted

Hi Ian,
I would like so much to try explaining you what is an emoji, but I
definitelly don't have the proper words.
An emoji is, let's say, theorically, the same as an emoticon, except by
some differences.
And, to understand these differences, you can check this link
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoji>, which will explain it much better
than I would ever do.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>

Em 11/02/2019 07:02, Ian Westerland escreveu:

Brian, I don't think I even know what an emogee is so I look forward
to an explanation. Probably when the explanation comes, I might be
able to imagine how to use Emogees but, at the moment, I'm in the dark
so to speak.

Regards

Ian Westerland

On 2/11/2019 7:30 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi folks, as somebody who has been around text based messages for
more years than I care to admit to, there is one basic truism which
still can cause issues.
The statement of facts or giving of advice can appear very abrupt and
direct when it was not meant to be.
Most of us when speaking to each other use inflection and such like
to create the spirit of what is being said and how it is to be taken.
Sadly many of us cannot see body language, so even that is no good in
person. However apart from what I still consider as these new fangled
emogees, many do not know what they mean nor in fact use them.
Thus when you see an apparently abrupt response or interpret
something as a castigation or a reprimand, please go away, have a
drink, think about it and realise it was just the facts being
expressed. Nothing
wrong with anything you said.
Even a simple comment like:
If you go back a day you will see this answered is often seen as
sarcasm, when its really not meant that way. If you cannot go back or
do not know how to view the archive, merely state this and somebody
will help, I'm sure.
OK I'll go back to sleep now!