Re: Intent of any post being misinterpreted

Kevin Cussick

agreed, I used to read a message then get all fired up, and type an angry response and then later on I would read the mails back again and regret firing off the angry mail.

On 11/02/2019 08:30, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.I wrote:
Hi folks, as somebody who has been around text based messages for more years than I care to admit to, there is one basic truism which still can cause issues.
The statement of facts or giving of advice can appear very abrupt and direct when it was not meant to be.
Most of us when speaking to each other use inflection and such like to create the spirit of what is being said and how it is to be taken.
Sadly many of us cannot see body language, so even that is no good in person. However apart from what I still consider as these new fangled emogees, many do not know what they mean nor in fact use them.
Thus when you see an apparently  abrupt response or interpret something as a castigation or a reprimand, please  go away, have a drink, think about it and realise it was just the facts being expressed. Nothing wrong with anything you said.
Even a simple comment like:
If you go back a day you will see this answered is often seen as sarcasm, when its really not meant that way. If you cannot go back or do not know how to view the archive, merely state this and somebody will help, I'm sure.
OK I'll go back to sleep now!
Brian
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.