Re: Fn Key Issues

Nimer Jaber

You can change the function of whichever key you wish to with sharpkeys. As an example, I often change the function of the printscreen key to an applications key on Lenovo laptops. One work-around if a user does not wish to adjust the setting with the hotkey or in the bios is to change the function of the multimedia keys to perform f1-f12 functions.

Thanks.

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 3:32 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

But as stated that is for IO devices. The external keyboard although an input device I don't think can have its function key changed in such a way as the user is wanting. I would google though and see if you can come up with anything per the model of your keyboard.

On 11 Feb 2019, at 13:57, Nimer Jaber wrote:

Hello,

Often times, a machine may have a hotkey combination which will change the behavior of the function key. When this is not the case, there should be a BIOS setting. Yes, Sarah, technically you probably could use sharpkeys but there really isn't a need as this behavior can be changed.

Thanks.

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 2:46 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Before the original poster does that, can they use sharp keys, I'm thinking no, but it never heard to ask. I've personally never heard of such a case as the original poser has. But with technology you just never know.

On 11 Feb 2019, at 11:25, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hello.
I think you may need to go in to the bios settings of your machine to change the behavior of the function key

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

Please take the time to read this signature completely as it contains
some information about the email you have just read and all
attachments contained within as well as some valuable resources and
methods for contacting me if you have any questions or wish to talk.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (658-0358) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!