Re: Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 03:37 PM 2/11/2019, Gene wrote:
Are you assuming you can't change the name because Chrome says
bookmark added before you edit anything?
That's exactly what I unfortunately assumed.

I seldom add new bookmarks
in Chrome but I experimented. If I use control d to add one, Chrome
says bookmark added but I am still on the edit field where I can
change the name. It wasn't announced as an edit field for some reason
with NVDA. I don't know what other screen-readers would do.
JAWS doesn't let me know I'm in an edit field either.

I tried typing and I was able to change the name as in any
standard edit field.
That's an example of looking around an not assuming what your
screen-reader says is always relevant. Somewhere, Chrome says
bookmark added but that is misleading and it hasn't been actually
saved yet. If something seems wrong, look around.
I tend to do that, but that one passed me by.

As far as finding a book mark after you save it even if you don't know
the name, if you know what folder it is saved in, it is the first
bookmark at the end of the list. If you are in the list and up arrow,
it will be the first one. I don't work enough with book marks in
Chrome to discuss specifying a folder much but I can tell you a little
if you want to know.
Can you specify a folder for a bookmark? I of course wouldn't want my IE bookmarks separated from the ones I make in Chrome, since their directory structures would be intentionally identical.

I can't answer the other questions about how to move all bookmarks to
one folder, etc. But creating bookmarks in Chrome is similar to doing
so in other browsers.
That's very good to know.

Orlando Enrique Fiol