Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:29 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

At 03:37 PM 2/11/2019, Gene wrote:
 >Are you assuming you can't change the name because Chrome says
 >bookmark added before you edit anything?

That's exactly what I unfortunately assumed.

 >I seldom add new bookmarks
 >in Chrome but I experimented.  If I use control d to add one, Chrome
 >says bookmark added but I am still on the edit field where I can
 >change the name.  It wasn't announced as an edit field for some reason
 >with NVDA.  I don't know what other screen-readers would do.

JAWS doesn't let me know I'm in an edit field either.

 >I tried  typing and I was able to change the name as in any
standard edit field.
 >That's an example of looking around an not assuming what your
 >screen-reader says is always relevant.  Somewhere, Chrome says
 >bookmark added but that is misleading and it hasn't been actually
 >saved yet.  If something seems wrong, look around.

I tend to do that, but that one passed me by.

As far as finding a book mark after you save it even if you don't know
 >the name, if you know what folder it is saved in, it is the first
 >bookmark at the end of the list.  If you are in the list and up arrow,
 >it will be the first one.  I don't work enough with book marks in
 >Chrome to discuss specifying a folder much but I can tell you a little
 >if you want to know.

Can you specify a folder for a bookmark? I of course wouldn't want my
IE bookmarks separated from the ones I make in Chrome, since their
directory structures would be intentionally identical.

 >I can't answer the other questions about how to move all bookmarks to
 >one folder, etc.  But creating bookmarks in Chrome is similar to doing
 >so in other browsers.

That's very good to know.

Orlando Enrique Fiol