Re: screen curtains

Quentin Christensen

Don, you are correct.  The way screen curtain (in any AT) works presently, is that it overrides whatever gets sent to the screen with black pixels.  Because of that, it may actually save a little battery life (vs displaying white pixels at full brightness), I'm not sure - but in order to save battery life what you would really need is to turn the screen off altogether.  Some versions of Windows let you use either WINDOWS+P, or your laptop's command to display on a second screen only - and if you don't have one attached that's like turning the screen off, but some are too "clever" and realise you don't have a second screen so disable it.

The primary reason for using screen curtain therefore is privacy.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 11:36 AM Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
I could be wrong but I don't think screen curtains save anything on
battery life.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager