Re: screen curtains

Don H

On my win 10 laptop using Jaws 2019 and its screen curtain feature you can still the screen is on just not readable.

On 2/12/2019 7:36 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 08:26 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
The way screen curtain (in any AT) works presently, is that it
overrides whatever gets sent to the screen with black pixels. This is in direct contravention to my own anecdotal observations with every smartphone and tablet user who has screen curtains turned on.
And I've been around a lot of them.  It is possible to drive the touch part of a touch-enabled device with all the rest of the screen powered off, and since there is no backlighting or other illumination of any sort present when screen curtain is on in Android or iOS I very much doubt the screen itself is on and being written over.
*/A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep./*
          ~ Saul Bellow, /To Jerusalem and Back/