Re: screen curtains

Quentin Christensen

It is likely that mobile operating systems have a way to turn the screen off while leaving touch enabled - it could be done on Windows, but it would need to be something Microsoft built in, it can't be something we can bolt-on after the fact - If Microsoft built such a feature in, we could tap into it.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 12:36 PM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 08:26 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
The way screen curtain (in any AT) works presently, is that it overrides whatever gets sent to the screen with black pixels.
This is in direct contravention to my own anecdotal observations with every smartphone and tablet user who has screen curtains turned on.

And I've been around a lot of them.  It is possible to drive the touch part of a touch-enabled device with all the rest of the screen powered off, and since there is no backlighting or other illumination of any sort present when screen curtain is on in Android or iOS I very much doubt the screen itself is on and being written over.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager